Originally launched on the market in 2005 under the name of Nabaztag, Karotz has been a pioneer in the field of connected and communicating devices.
The very active community around this rabbit has widely contributed to make it so popular.
Today, nearly 10 years after its first appearance, Karotz is facing a very strong technological competition: the connected devices are now 4G, mobile and evolutionary. Karotz and its users have not only helped establish connected devices; they have paved the way. New products make a stronger match to market needs, marking the end of Karotz’s great story.
To keep on offering you innovative and endearing companions, Aldebaran is refocusing on its core business: humanoid robots.
Therefore Karotz’s servers and customer service will be stopped on February, 18th 2015.
To answer all your questions, a QNA is available here.
The Karotz Team
Edit 02/06/2014: The Karotz server issue described below has been fixed on May, 30th evening (Paris time).
If your Karotz did not connected itself by now (flashing green light), you can force the connection by turning it off and on.
The Karotz website (www.karotz.com) is also back online and fully accessible.
Thank you again for your patience and comprehension.
The Karotz Team
You probably noticed it if you are using Karotz: your smart rabbit cannot connect to the network and you cannot access the Karotz website correctly.
This is due to a server error that affects Karotz’ services and website. It is for now impossible to install or use Karotz, to access to your Karotz account or to download applications. This kind of incident can usually be fixed in a couple of hours, but the current issue is more important and our team is still investigating about the problem. We cannot say exactly when everything will be fixed, but we are doing our best in order to bring back all services online as soon as possible. We will keep you posted regarding this situation.
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and the delay. Thank you for your patience and your comprehension.
The Karotz Team
If you own a Nabaztag:tag connected to our website www.nabaztag.com here is an important information.
We will proceed this Thursday, February 23rd, to Nabaztag:tag servers’ update.
Servers won’t be available during this operation. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
When the servers will be back online end of the day tomorrow, your Nabaztag:tag will reconnect themselves automatically for most of you. You’ll have to switch them off and on if it is not the case.
For those of you who connect their Nabaztag:tag with the server IP address, you will have to set them up on the following address: 184.108.40.206
Thanks a lot for your attention
Violet and the Karotz Team
EDIT : the update is done, thanks for your patience. Do not hesitate to switch off and on your Nabaztag:tag to connect them to our server.
You have a Twitter account? You have a Karotz?
1) Let Karotz informs you when you have new tweets.
2) Ask your companion to publish texts or audio messages and even pictures (thanks to its webcam) with or without legend.
Here are the steps to follow to allow your Karotz to be connected to your Twitter account:
1) Download and install the Twitter + application
2) Give the authorization of access to your Twitter account:
Click on the button “Connect this application to your Twitter account” in the application configuration page, to open the “Social Networks” page.
You can also access directly to this page by clicking on “My account”, “My Information” and “Social Networks” in the “General information” section or click here.
3) Click on Twitter button to go to your Twitter account, and give your Karotz the authorization to access to it: enter your Twitter account information, and on the Twitter screen that opens then, click on “Authorize app” to give the authorization to access to this account.
4) If you want to be able to publish audio files on your Twitter account:
- if you’ve already authorize SoundCloud to connect to your Facebook account, you have nothing to do.
- if not, go to the “Social Networks” page, click on SoundCloud button. On the page that opens then, click on “Sign Up“, and follow the instructions to create an account on SoundCLoud.
- If you’ve already have a SoundCloud account, simply enter the email and password of your account, then click on “Connect”.
How to use the Karotz Twitter + application?
On the configuration page of the application, choose the type of activation and the information you want Karotz to read from your Twitter account: messages, mentions, timelines.
Depending on the way to activate it, the Twitter + application works differently:
1) If you use the voice command “twitter +” or a Flatnanoz or Nanoztag, Karotz welcomes you with a first message. Press on Karotz button and when its light becomes orange, say one of the following voice command:
- “reading” and your Karotz reads all your new information. Press one time to listen to them.
- “text” and your Karotz records your message, converts it as a text and publishes it as a text.
- “picture” and your Karotz takes a picture and publishes it on your account.
- “recording” and your Karotz records your message and publishes it as an audio file on your account.
- “text and picture” and your Karotz takes a picture and publishes it on your account with the text as a legend.
- “help” and your Karotz reminds you all the voice commands available.
2) In a permanent or scheduled activation, Karotz warns you directly if new information have been published on your Twitter account. Press one time on Karotz button to listen to them.
Enjoy this new version of Karotz Twitter application!
For all those of you who have chosen this option, you should have received two vouchers for 25 €, valid from today until the 30th of September 2011. Contrary to what we announced, you cannot use both vouchers simultaneously :-/.
So if you want to use a single voucher of 50 €, please send your request to email@example.com.
We will then send you a voucher of 50 € instead of the two vouchers of 25 €.
We are sorry for this inconvencience!
Have a nice week-end and see you soon!